Document A: Martin Luther King, Jr. "To Coretta Scott." July 1952
Document B: Excerpt from: Coretta Scott King, My Life with Martin Luther King, Jr. 1969
Document B: Excerpt from: Martin Luther King, Sr. Daddy King - An Autobiography. 1980.
Lesson Plans (LP) and Lesson Activities (LA):
Clayborne Carson, Emma J. Lapsansky-Werner, Gary B. Nash. The Struggle for Freedom. The Modern Era, Since 1930. Pearson, 2019.
Chapter 17: Emergence of a Mass Movement against Jim Crow, pp. 380-389.
- Barbara Johns Leads a Student Strike
- 17.1 The Road to Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka
- 17.1.1 The Attack on "Separate But Equal"
- 17.1.2 The NAACP's School Desegregation Suits
- 17.1.3 The Brown Decision
- 17.1.4 Building on the Brown Breakthrough